Chemo this week was moved to Thursday in the afternoon. We're not looking forward to it, but definitely anxious to put this all behind us and move forward. This will be her last treatment if all goes well this week. I can't believe I've been blogging for a year now. I may have to take up a new hobby or start writing about something else for a change. We will be fasting as a family next Sunday for clear scans, and pleading with the Lord that this won't return. I believe scans will be the end of April to the first part of May.
We'd like to celebrate the end of Chemo, but unfortunately I don't think Jessica will be upright. We'll let you all know when that big celebration will be.
I believe that Jessica is looking forward to having energy again, taking the stairs two at a time like she used to, growing her hair out, not being nauseated, not taking meds, not being swollen,and staying FAR away from the hospital for a while. I admire her courage in tackling this head on with a smile and a sense of humor. Jessica has given up so much this past year in the fight for her life. She may even continue to give up some things due to the aftermath of the damage that has been done to her organs from a year's worth of chemo. I have to keep reminding myself that those things are in the Lord's hands and that worry won't produce peace. That can only come through faith.
This Easter Day today has been an especially meaningful one. Knowing that the Savior took upon himself more than just the anguish of sin, but that he suffered for our pains and our griefs too so that he could have that pure empathy and so that he could know how to strengthen and succor us, is really impossible for me to wrap my mind around sometimes. There really is a sustaining power that we have access to in the Atonement that comes to us in our times of weakness and sickness and adversity. It's a miracle. I don't fully understand it, but I do appreciate it.
Happy Easter Everyone
The Kids wearing their "Cancer Can Go Jump Off A Cliff" t-shirts.
No comments:
Post a Comment