Friday, February 10, 2012

HUMOR

Is there anything more healing than humor? I think not.

Cancer can be such a scary thing sometimes. It's life and death that hangs in the balance. But there is always room for a laugh no matter what your circumstances are.

I hope it's okay to share these few stories that come from friends of ours.

A man with stage 4 bowel cancer lies on his tummy on the examining table for some potentially awkward and embarrassing procedures. As the nurse opens his gown, she notices a big bright smiley face painted on to his lower backside. Nurses burst into laughter and the mood is lightened.

That same man, enters the hospital with a friend by his side dressed as the Grim Reaper. The man hands out nerf swords to all the patients on that wing and they all go to battle against the Scary Grim Reaper to bring him down.

A friend with ovarian cancer e-mails us and in the "subject" heading it reads: My New Wig.
Opening the e-mail reveals pictures of her husband wearing the new wig. Hilariously funny.

For those who have ever spent some time in a hospital, you can relate to the following comic sketch.
Brian Regan is one of our favorite comedians. He's clean and funny. and I'm sure most can relate to his actual emergency room visit below:


****You may have to pause the music to the Left.







Have a good laugh

If any of you have any funny stories to and are inclined to, feel free to share (appropriately of course)

1 comment:

  1. Humor is good therapy. If you can laugh, the misery, the pain and the discomfort seems to go away at least for the moment.

    I have have one hospital story that I think was humorous. I broke my ankle in the winter of 2002. I had to have surgery on it and a plate put in to hold everything together while it healed. I also had to wait 12 hours to get the surgery. I suffer from a condition that I call, "The Bloaty Bowl Syndrom." During that wait time I got a really bad case of it. I tried everything I knew to get rid of it before going into surgery but nothing helped. 2 hours later when I came out of the surgery and began to wake up the gas was all gone. I can only imagine that it happened during the surgery and what the doctor and nurses thought when it happened. They might even have had to leave the room for a little while, I don't know.

    Sorry, don't know how appropriate that story is but I'm still chuckling as I think about it today and I'm a little embarrassed too.

    Sure love you Jessica and Janet and all your family. --- Dad and or Grandpa

    ReplyDelete