Hello everyone,
Our daughter Jessica is being treated for a massive tumor on her neck and chest area. She discovered it 4 weeks ago and it was giving her some discomfort and pain. 3 biopsies, and 2 CT scans are showing it
some form of aggressive of lymphatic cancer. Doctors are leaning toward a diagnosis of Ana plastic (Large Cell ) Lymphoma, but we won't know for sure until after the biopsies. She will most likely be admitted to the hospital for round the clock care and some immediate chemotherapy
right away......(by this weekend) once we know.
I know this is a shock to some of you and to others it's redundant. We are just trying to bring you all up to speed because Teresa Thurgood, my sister-in-law will be taking over from here as far as updates go.
Literally every waking moment these past few days has been spent on the phone with Doctors and others who are helping Jessica receive care and I just haven't had the time to update you all personally (I'd love
to but can't).
We figured it would be best if I update Teresa and she can let you all know what is going on. If you have questions you can e-mail back to her.
While we are at the hospital, it's really hard for me to get good cell phone service and I don't have internet access either.
Jessica will be at St. Lukes in Boise for now and MISTI Cancer clinic will be overseeing her care
We have had to set some boundries for visitors this first week just because we are all on overload here and our days are super long and extremely exhausting.
I have a cell phone and if I am in range at the hospital, I'm happy to talk to you. But if I have doctor calls or am out of cell range I can't.
There are a ton of prayers that have been said already on Jessica's behalf and I will tell you all that we feel it. Our home is FILLED with peace and we feel as though angels are carrying us through this. David said to me the other day, "should we be freaking out about this a little more????" But no freaking out is happening here. We feel extremely guided and as if we are literally being lifted through it. There is No question that she is in the Lord's hands and his angels are round about her. We are confident that What ever his will is for her, will be what the end result will be. We believe in miracles and we also believe that everything happens for a reason and we're all good with that.
Jessica is in good spirits and she has her good and her bad moments, but overall she has a tremendous amount of faith. Enough for all of us.
We love you all Thank you to all of you for your prayers, your meals, your help, your concerns, your well wishes. We are absorbing it all and taking it all in. It is incredibly healing to take in that much loving energy and best wishes from so many of you who mean so much to us. Don't ever feel like you are being a bother or you are imposing. We appreciate you all and love you all more than you know. It's overwhelming to take in all the kindness that has been shown already and It is most definitely buoying us up.
Janet & David Thurgood and family


No comments:
Post a Comment