I taught the Relief Society Lesson today in Church on Talents. One thing that has been on my mind so heavy lately as I've witnessed so many good people go WAY out of their way to share their talents with the purpose of lifting our burdens has overwhelmed me in a really huge way. I won't ever be the same because of it. I'm positive that Jessica won't. She has never felt more loved.
I keep hearing the words from humble people willing to be on our door step who give and serve and say, "I know it's not much," or, "I can't do much, but I can do this..."
I think what most people don't realize is that even if all you do is share your smile, or a hug, it's more than enough. Each individual act of kindness and portion of self adds to an already growing bouquet of talents and acts that make up something amazing and beautiful.
We had more instances this week that remind me that the Lord is SOOOO much a part of our lives. How do you ignore that.
Two days ago, I heard Shania Twain's new song, "Today is YOUR Day". I was so inspired by it and wanted to get home to figure out how to get it and put it on Jessica's MP3 player. By the next morning, a friend had already e-mailed it in the correct format to me with a note that said she heard the song and thought of Jess.
What the..................
Does the Lord love us that much that he would even give a rip about a silly song???? I believe so.
Friday night, Jessica was feeling achy and too hot to sleep in sweats. I commented to her that in the morning we would see about maybe getting her something else to sleep in that would make her more comfortable. I'm not kidding, that very next morning, another sweet friend showed up on our door step with a bag in hand. She had come straight from Target. She had been thinking about coming out and giving Jessica a hug, but felt she didn't know Jess well enough so she did the next best thing. She said she had a feeling that some really soft snugly light weight p.j.s would be like getting a soft hug every night. She acted on her prompting and before we could get to the store, our little insignificant need was met.
Do we believe in Angels? Absolutely. They even come in human form.
Do we believe that the Lord knows our needs and cares about them? No Question. Even the ones that are small and seemingly insignificant.
Thank you wonderful friends for listening and being in tune to spiritual promptings from Heaven. You are angels on earth.
Again, Jessica's favorite scripture found in D&C 84:88
And Whoso receiveth you, there will I be also. For I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you to bear you up.
And THAT is the reality of the gospel. THAT is the reality of the Lord's love for us and his involvement in the finite details of our lives.
Jessica is doing pretty well considering............She goes in today to see her scans from last Thursday, We will be at the PICU for a spinal Tap and chemo. A long day ahead and a long week too...........BUT, another one down. And on it goes.
I love this! And you know whats so great is that in this time of stress most people only see the misfortune upon them, but you see the blessings that are getting you through this test. I love you and you're family. Hugs to you and Jessica.
ReplyDelete<3 Tamara
Tamara,
ReplyDeleteYou are one of the ones who have shared with us an amazing talent. I so appreciate you. Jessica says Hi and she wants to thank Kenna for her sweet comments on the blog.
Friends are such an amazing blessing.
Hugs right back at ya..
Dear Janet, Jessica and family, what a thrill it is to read your updates on this blog. It comforts us, thrills us and teaches us how we all ought to be.
ReplyDeleteJessica, we love you with everything in us. We love your mother too and your whole family. We really look forward to seeing you at Philips homecoming and then to spend a few days at your place hopefully. Once again, all our love and Gods choicest blessings, --- Mom & Dad, Grandpa & Grandma
Thanks Grandpa,
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to get there to see everyone. I'm sure ready for the break.
=jessica