We talk about going through crisis mode and then yearning for things to get back to "normal." I've thought about that a bit. I don't think any of us are entitled to living a perfectly " normal" life. I don't even think it is a part of our purpose here. Sure, no one deserves to suffer, but at the same time, none of us deserves perfect entitlement or indulgence. Our earth life was never meant to be like a resort spa get away. We are here to grow, to labor, and to work our way back to the Father. Everywhere I turn and everyone I talk to has experienced some sort of disruption to their normal. I have friends who's normal IS crisis mixed with chaos. They adapt and bend with it until the next challenge stretches them a little further. It's so fascinating to me to watch people adapt to what surprises manifest themselves in the course of life. Some people are born with gigantic challenges to overcome. They do it with a smile and are usually armed with a "Never Give Up" type of attitude to get them through life. Other people are blindsided by cataclysmic events that alter their norm forever. I have friends who stare down the barrell of depleating and depressing news that laughs in the face of their normal everyday. They can't change it, nor will it ever go away, they just have to learn to live with it. For some, it's like coming up with a new "Normal". Either way, adversity is a part of life. It disrupts our plans, our days, and even our life goals. We never know when it will hit, or in some cases, when it will ever get better. I recently talked to an old friend who reminded me that often times when huge trials come our way, it's a sign that we have progressed to a point where we can handle it. On the other hand, I think sometimes the trials are the opportunity for HUGE progression and change. I'm so grateful for my own deeply personal struggles and trials. They have challenged me to move forward, to stretch a little and to really see what I'm made of.
Jessica and I had a bit of a speed bump this week. She is fatigued from her chemo and I have had some illness. Both of us debilitated by our body's inability to get up and do what we wanted them to do however, we are in good spirits and joke about who can out moan each other while lying in bed getting some much needed rest.
Jessica is back at school this week and I am up and around a bit more pulling out of a slump. Jessica's Doctor's seem pretty happy with the way she is progressing through her treatments. The tumors have been shrunk by the chemo and she will continue through her regimen for a few more months. Naturopathic Doctors have been a God send to her helping her blood counts to stay in normal ranges and providing her with the ability to be at school and be up and at it. She has the sciences of both Nature and Western Medicine to help us figure this process out and give her the most support. We've learned a ton along the way and will be sharing a few insights on this blog for those of you who are affected by cancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment