Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kicking Cancer's Butt



Jessica's Dad got her up this morning and urged her to "try" to go to school. I let him do that job because I'm a wimp.
She came upstairs this morning and looked really good. She packed a lunch and all her chemo meds. and got herself out the door by 6:55am. Only two days after chemo.........I have to say, I'm impressed.

Jessica's new little friend Taylor, an amazingly strong survivor of the same type of cancer, made her a poster that is proudly displayed on her bedroom door. It reads: "Lymphoma tried to take a bite out of me, but I bite back."

Taylor, I love your tenacity and your ability to fight. You girls amaze me. For someone as sick as you were, and as sick as most of these kids with cancer ARE, I'm still in awe at how full of life you are and how full of "Light" as well. Thanks so much for your example.

I read Rylee Ewing's Facebook Profile and giggled when I read the personal interests section under projects it said: "Kicking Cancer's Butt" You Go Rylee. What a good project for you to be focused on. We are right there with you.

It's been a busy week this week. It's been fun spending more time with Reagan helping him to prepare for his mission. It's just he and I here at home alone when he's not at work and I'm glad I get to hang out with him a bit before he is gone. Man, missions are bitter sweet. No one really truthfully prepares you for how hard it is to let them go.
I better quit now, I'm saving up all my sappiness for when he leaves.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Reagan. This was one of his last camp outs with the scouts before he graduated. The imagery of the surroundings and just how he's standing reminds me of how we gird up our loins and pull up our boot straps before we tackle the next mountain.

.......It also makes me wish I'd been on this hike. Man, that is gorgeous!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment