Jessica started having some pretty severe pains in her abdomen yesterday. Within just a couple of hours, she was writhing in pain on my bed all curled up and sobbing hysterically. I put her in a warm bath to calm her down and then bolted for the phone. The Doctor had me take her temperature and sure enough, she had a fever of 102. Her heart rate was twice what it should have been at 145 bpm. We agreed that she should be hospitalized. When we got there, the doctors and nurses rushed around gathering data. They did urine and blood tests, x-rays, CT scans and a whole bunch of other stuff and determined that her appendix was about to rupture. Thankfully we caught it in time and she was able to have an emergency appendectomy.
What THE?????? Hasn't this girl been through enough??
Jessica has had her share of surgeries and hospital visits this year and HATES being put under anesthetic. It makes her really scared and uncomfortable. She asked for her dad and brother to come to the hospital to give her a blessing before the surgery. They made it just as the Doctors were ready to wheel her down to O.R. We asked for a few minutes alone with Jessica while David and Reagan administered a priesthood blessing to her. Just before the surgery, I asked Jess how she felt, and she said "Peaceful."
Everything went well and the timing could not have been better. She comes home on Monday sometime if her progress continues to improve through tonight. She will go back in on Monday, the 12th of Sep. for Chemo. And on it goes........
On the way to the hospital, Jessica and I turned on the radio and this was the song the Lord wanted us to hear.
Wow.. That is a beautiful song. And He knew you needed to hear it. I'm glad the timing was right for all of you! It's those little miracles that really strengthen testimonies. I love you guys! Hang in there! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Becca. The Lord really does have perfect timing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. I needed to hear that song too.
ReplyDeleteSusan