Monday, August 22, 2011

School and Chemo

Pretty good day today. I dropped Jessica off at the school and stayed long enough for her to find her classes and her locker. I don't know about her, but I was feeling a little bit overwhelmed by it all. At that age in High school, it's ALL about the hair and the make up and the clothes........oh yah, and the cute boys. Jessica's not too much in to any of those things right now. Even in the best of health, high school can be so intimidating. At one point as we walked through the wall of people down the hall way, I wished that I had brought a blanket so I could cover a few girls up and some duct tape to shut the profanity up. Then we ran into the seminary crowd on their way to class. It was a sight for sore eyes. Girls who guard their virtue and their integrity stick out like a sore thumb, but I sure do love them for it. They do bring light to a filthy world and I thank them for that.
Jessica finished her classes today and then off to the hospital for a long afternoon/evening of chemo and then back home. She's pretty wiped out and very nauseated and I'm not too sure if she'll be up to going to school tomorrow. We're just going to have to figure this out as we go.

We talked about listening to the spirit tonight in Family Home Evening. It was a really good reminder that we're never alone in it all and that we can get direction all along the way.
So grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment