Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last Christmas

Our Last Night With Reagan. Time Went By Too Fast

Our Last Christmas with Reagan turned into another one of those bitter sweet moments as we realized that this would also be our last Christmas without Jaden.
Jaden got to skype with us on Christmas day. The phone call was all and more than we had anticipated it would be. I hooked my laptop up to the big screen tv in the living room and we got to have a live conversation with Jaden as we watched him on the tv. It was so good to joke and laugh and visit with him. At the end of the conversation, Jaden said to his brother, "Reagan.....................I love ya buddy. I'm not going to see you for another 2 years, but before I go, I want to hear your testimony of the gospel."
That was when Reagan said, "what? ....................Now?..............Why". That was also when I noticed that there is a slight difference between a missionary going out and one about to come home.
They each exchanged heart felt testimonies of the Savior, of the gospel, and then of their love for each other. It was incredible as a parent to have that kind of an exchange between practically teen age boys. One of those pay days you get after you put in 19 years of blood sweat and tears.

Our last few days with Reagan have been fabulous. We've shed a couple of tears thinking about how much we will miss that kid and how much of a void he is leaving behind for us, but we know he will grow in greater ways where he is going than he would if he stayed here.

One last family pic before the good bye's. This was the night before Reagan left.

No comments:

Post a Comment