Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Voodoo

I used to not believe in voodoo or witchcraft, but I'm seriously doubting my position on that. I hate to sound like a broken record but when Jaden left on his mission to Peru, we were hopeful that all our efforts to send him off would pay off and that blessings would compensate for all the sacrifice it took to get him on his way.

Within a few weeks after his his departure, the fuel pump in the car went out. Another car we owned completely died and had to be towed away. The hot water heater sprung a leak. The basement flooded twice. Blah, Blah, Blah......So now that we are a year and a half down this road, and I look back and see all that has broken down in that time frame, I realize that this must be some really really not funny joke......or a bad dream, or maybe someone who hates us has voodoo dolls.

We have virtually replaced EVERY major appliance in our house all the way down to the microwave, washing machine, AC/Heater unit etc....... Last Saturday we replaced the dishwasher that literally just fell apart and just two days ago, we came home to a dryer that had also given up the ghost right next to our newly replaced washing machine. All in the same week that we are trying to send out a missionary and get ready for Christmas.

If you know David, you know he is extremely frugal. He will spend hours and days working on something to try to fix or repair it before just giving up and replacing it with new. NOT one of these instances was a fixable project.

The kids have actually joked about weather or not they'll be next. Hope not.

I'm a little worried about when Reagan leaves. The house might just burn down................wait!! that might actually be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I chuckled in a "I can't believe it!" kind of way while I read this post? Now I will count my blessings that only our a/c has gone out and that the rest of our appliances are still kicking. Hope that sending Reagan out is less eventful. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete