Friday, December 2, 2011

Men's Hearts Shall Fail Them

When Jaden left for his mission, someone told us that blessings would pour in as a result of his service. While it seems like nothing but adversity has been pouring, we do know the blessings are there. They come on the wings of Adversity and Trying times. After watching the movie "17 Miracles", I felt totally ashamed for all the times I ever whined about my circumstances. I said to my husband, "Man, we have NO business complaining". Even in the worst of times, we have it so good.

When our most recent episode of crisis hit our family, I kept waiting for the feelings of despair and despondency but they never came.......Only Peace! I know it is the result of so many prayers being offered on our behalf that we have made it through to this point.

I've said this before, but I never knew THAT level of peace was possible even in the center of some of my most trying times of my life. It was most evident recently with Jessica's struggles with cancer and at the heart of scary. I remember a couple of times, Doctors would repeat what they said to us in the hospital, because our response wasn't what they typically see.

Man, knowing versus believing is a powerful thing. The acquisition of our faith is why we are here. And we can't get to where we need to be without being tested.

The video below is of Russel M. Nelson who shares a personal experience. What he describes is exactly how we felt through this journey with Jess. It's hard to describe, but it's so real.









Jessica and I have been asked to prepare a musical fireside about this very thing.
(Peace through Adversity)
The music we've chosen is beautiful and her and I and her dad will be speaking next Sunday in the West Stake. Can't wait to share. This is such a needed message these days.

2 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful! I'm glad you guys are pulling through. Let us know if you ever need anything, whether it be treats or company. :)

    Brittany T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet thank you for sharing your perspective on faith and adversity. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for a daughter and granddaughter exemplifing it so perfectly. (I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable) Thank you also for the vignette of Russell M. Nelson. Wow what a comforting message.

    Mom and I wish with all our hearts that we could be there to hear your musical fireside presentation. Maybe you could share a little of it when we come down to Reagans farewell.

    All our love sweetheart --- Dad

    ReplyDelete